On 19 Apr 2010, at 10:33, Grzegorz Janoszka wrote:
> 
> Can you do it for v6 peer? It is not possible to do it within the neighbor 
> configuration, when I create a v4v6 neighbor group I get:
> 
> Failed to commit one or more configuration items during an atomic operation
> 
> !!% Change would result in neighbor (X:Y:W::Z) being activated with an 
> invalid address family

I believe you cannot, due to the fact that there is no method by which an IPv4 
route can have an IPv6 next-hop that I've seen in IOS, whereas the other way 
round it is possible due to IPv4-mapped IPv6 addresses [RFC4291].

I'm not sure on the practicality of implementing such a mechanism, as it would 
perhaps depend on how the FIB is implemented. I cannot, however, see a reason 
why it would not be possible to implement this, theoretically.

Kind regards,
Rob

-- 
Rob Shakir                      <[email protected]>
Network Development Engineer    GX Networks/Vialtus Solutions
ddi: +44208 587 6077            mob: +44797 155 4098
pgp: 0xc07e6deb                 nic-hdl: RJS-RIPE

This email is subject to: http://www.vialtus.com/disclaimer.html


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to