On 23/08/10 13:07, Florian Weimer wrote: > * Zoe O'Connell: > > >>> 729078: Aug 22 16:21:39 MDT: %BGP-3-NOTIFICATION: sent to neighbor A.B.C.D >>> 3/1 (update malformed) 21 bytes 31FE420C 31FE58C8 124683E8 0206CC67 00 >>> 729079: Aug 22 16:21:39 MDT: BGP: A.B.C.D Bad attributes FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF >>> FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF 0060 0200 0000 4140 0101 0040 020C 0205 00AE 0CB9 235A >>> 2046 5BA0 4003 0426 6532 7580 0404 0000 5DE8 C008 0800 AE52 0800 AE55 FD31 >>> FE42 0C31 FE58 C812 4683 E802 06CC 6700 0000 0002 1854 1608 1854 1609 >>> > 5BA0 suggests its related to 32 bit ASNs. We've got the prefixes in > our table, apparently with a proper 32-bit ASN: >
Yes, that's the conclusion we came to as well when we had it. (Luckily, it was an iBGP link to a firewall so easier to troubleshoot than a customer link). As far as I can recall, without Capability Negotiation it can't send 4-byte ASNs and some devices have a bug or differing RFC interpretation that means they can't handle being on the receiving end properly - if Cogent won't change their end, an IOS upgrade on the original psoters end should resolve it. I'm sure I sent a mail to someone about it at the time with more precise detail, but I can't seem to find it now. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
