You know, I thought the same thing - because we're a small joint, we always point the finger at ourselves first. We always, double, triple check everything before we pick up the phone.
But I also figure that such a gigantic organization -- or the guy typing in reload and looking at the results -- would see our BGP session flapping literally every 9 seconds, and see the tremendous drop in traffic on a graph somewhere. I figured that they would listen when I said that it was a maintenance gone awry, rather than blow us off and refuse to acknowledge that maintenance happened. I also figured that it would take them less than eight hours to get an actual engineer on the line after multiple escalations, especially in a completely down situation. And an "issue with our router" that has successfully peered with Cogent for many, many months with no problems. That said, bigger definitely does not mean better. Randal On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Drew Weaver <[email protected]>wrote: > It should probably be said that Cogent has thousands of customers and I am > pretty sure they rolled these updates out across multiple major POPs (to our > market included, without any negative impact) and it seems somewhat unlikely > to be a Cogent problem. > > So it seems a bit unreasonable for you to ask them to roll back their > updates and re-run a maintenance window because you're having an issue with > your router. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
