On Wed, 1 Sep 2010, Sascha Pollok wrote:

I *think* (read: I might be wrong but) that the PSes also switch off
and show OUTPUT FAIL when the router is shutdown from the supervisor.
I have seen this e.g. on a 6509 (what was the difference between the
7600 and ... just kidding) that got shutdown from the Sup720
because there was no high speed fan-tray 2 in the chassis after
300 seconds or so. The 6509 made a *click* and was off. PSes showing
OUTPUT FAIL.

I did have a 6000W AC power supply partially fail in a 6509 a few months ago. The supply was fed by two 208V/20A circuits, and one of the INPUT OK LEDs was dimly lit, which suggested that input was receiving lower than expected voltage. I tested both of the circuits that fed that supply and both were putting out 208V across the two legs and 120V leg-to-ground, exactly as they should. A "show power" showed that the supply was feeding the equivalent of 120V into the chassis after being converted to 42VDC that the switch uses internally. The other supply was feeding the expected amount of power into the chassis.

The problem went away when I replaced the supply, so my suspicion was that something in the supply between the input receptacle and whatever voltage sensor reports back to the backplane cooked itself.

jms
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to