Gert Doering wrote:
I'm shopping on ebay.  Is there any way to tell the difference by
looking at them?  The ones marked "PA-2FE-TX/ISL" or "PA-2FEISL-TX" are
two different parts?  Because they seem to be the same price.  The ones
with no mention at all of ISL sell for $150-200 more.

I'm not sure.  "show diag" should tell the difference, quite obviously,
but I'm not sure whether it's easily visible from the outside.

From the diagrams in the Installation and Configuration docs for each PA, it seems the PA-2FE-TX has "PA-2FE-TX" on the faceplate and the PA-2FEISL-TX has "Fast Ethernet/ISL" on the faceplate.

CCO is a bit thin on this, the search results mainly point to this
page

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/port_adapters/roadmaps/11022pa.html

... which makes clear that the PA-2FEISL and the PA-2FE-TX are different
PAs, but doesn't say anything about the FEISL itself either.

It seems that PA-2FE-TX/ISL == PA-2FEISL-TX. There is no difference. I have to look specifically for a PA-2FE-TX.

Damn.

Peace...  Sridhar
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to