Ok... so here's the latest. I put a static route at our Internet edge - we redistribute static into OSPF so now this /32 destination is able to be seen in the routing table (other than the default originated route). This solves the issue if I statically assign it the next hop (which is their ISP that we peer directly with via LINX exchange point). I don't like this solution though because if there was ever an issue with the static next-hop it would never fail over ... plus I don't see *why* I should have to do this in order to find the problem ;)
I pulled the static out and same problem re-occurs... any thoughts? Thanks, Paul -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of chip Sent: September-21-10 3:21 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Weird Traceroute Issue to Specific Destination Just for fun, put in a static route for the /32 and then remove it on the box that can't reach. --chip -- Just my $.02, your mileage may vary, batteries not included, etc.... _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
