Hello Ziv,
thanks for your suggestions.
Do you have this feature available in your router ?
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/fundamentals/configuration/guide/cf_mem-leak-detect.html#wp1027129
At least not on the one leaking memory :) But thanks for the URL.
If not, you could run a script from a linux box with a remote ssh command and
cut the output to your needs, and then feed it into a rrd file or whatever.
But given the fact the command "sh proc mem" gives you a lot of colums/lines
and they change all the time, you need to narrow down and pin a specific value you want
to graph.
If you have ssh available in your router, it's quite simple to get output using
remote commands via ssh.
Of course it needs a little tweaking first, but once done, it's very practical
Using Ivan's howto you can achieve the required settings:
http://blog.ioshints.info/2009/10/ssh-rsa-authentication-works-in-ios.html
Then once it's done, you can run a command from any cli ssh client like this:
ssh -i /path/to/id_rsa u...@your_router_address sh proc mem | grep BGP
We pull lots of different data through router's VTY every few minutes
and use expect scripts for this. My question was whether there is an
existing script to parse the output and fill RRDs or similar. I could
still do it myself of course - which is what I'll be doing after lunch ;)
Thanks
Sascha
HTH
Ziv
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Sascha Pollok
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 11:02 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] Script to track memory leaks?
Hello routing-people out there,
I am currently trying to track down a memory leak on a Cisco router and I'm
wondering whether there is a script out there to collect sh proc mem
periodically so that I get the chance to find out which process is leaking.
Most likely BGP but who knows.
Of course a script to collect sh proc mem is easy but I thought about one that
e.g. generates RRDs from the processlist or something similar.
Don't want to invite the wheel once again.
Thanks
Sascha
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/