SXI5 here too (since Tuesday) Alan
----- Reply message ----- From: "Phil Mayers" <[email protected]> Date: Wed, Jan 26, 2011 23:53 Subject: [c-nsp] Move from SXI4 to SXI5 To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]> On 01/26/2011 11:41 PM, Church, Charles wrote: > All, > > I've been contemplating moving from SXI4 to SXI5 lately for our VSS > core router pair. They're currently doing 4 lite VRFs (no MPLS), all LAN > modules, all 6700 series blades (10/100/1000), gig SFP, and 16 port 10 gig. > Some OSPF, no other protocols. VTPv3 server, using SNMPv3 actively. Using > a redundant sup in each chassis (they're in RPR mode). Acting as NTP > servers, doing lots of policy routing and WCCP. Over the last few days of > adding more and more policy routing and WCCP, the CPU (of active sup) has > been moving up to 50% and beyond, mostly interrupt based. However in the > past, I've seen really high CPU due to that NTP bug. I've heard rumors of > lower CPU with SXI5 in general. Any reason not to move to this? We've got a couple of boxes on SXI5 (very different config; no VSS, MPLS v4/v6 VPNs; sso/nsf failover) and are moving the rest over the next few weeks. No problems so far[1] and lots of nasty CEF corruption bugs fixed. Whether it'll help you specifically I don't know; I'm surprised that WCCP and policy routing are consuming noticeable CPU. Certainly the latter should be hardware only (not sure about WCCP though). Have you examined CPU-punt traffic with a SPAN session? [1] Minor point: no problems except the active/open bugs, which are present in all releases of SXI and not fixed yet ;o) _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
