The Sup720 on a 6k/7600 won't be what you are looking for in a large
peering environment. I'd suggest an NPE-G2 if the 7200 is still
suiting you needs and only needs a small upgrade.

You could also look at moving to an ASR1k platform which I think can
do 10GE and still provides the investment protection to upgrade the
forwarding engine (ESP) and control plane (RP) in the future.