On Sep 10, 2011, at 3:33 PM, Jon Lewis wrote:
> Is there an OID for SNMP polling the number of ipv6 unicast routes received
> from an ipv6 BGP peer? i.e. I've been graphing the # of IPv4 routes received
> from our transit providers with
>
> .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.187.1.2.4.1.1.${peerIP}.1.1
>
> mostly as an indicator of transit provider health. i.e. if the number
> suddenly goes up or down much, there's probably something wrong.
>
> I'd like to do the same with IPv6 routes, but I haven't found the OID.
By SNMPwalking our BGP speakers I found this OID which I use for graphing
received v6 prefix counts since earlier this year (on a pair of 7206s running
12.4.22)
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.187.1.2.4.1.1.[32.1.5.80].2.1
where the part in [ ] somehow identifies the peer - I haven't quite figured out
how yet. Here are some other examples but they are at the same OID aside from
the presumed peer identifier (it is not the peer router ID, I can say that much
for certain - for example none of the routers below are from 174 but the one
above actually is):
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.187.1.2.4.1.1.38.32.0.75.2.1
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.187.1.2.4.1.1.38.32.0.0.2.1
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.187.1.2.4.1.1.38.0.12.8.2.1
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.187.1.2.4.1.1.38.32.0.75.2.1
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.187.1.2.4.1.1.38.7.241.24.2.1
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Jon Lewis, MCP :) | I route
> Senior Network Engineer | therefore you are
> Atlantic Net |
> _________ http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key_________
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/