On Sat, 10 Sep 2011, Ryan Rawdon wrote:

By SNMPwalking our BGP speakers I found this OID which I use for graphing 
received v6 prefix counts since earlier this year (on a pair of 7206s running 
12.4.22)
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.187.1.2.4.1.1.[32.1.5.80].2.1

where the part in [ ] somehow identifies the peer - I haven't quite figured out 
how yet.  Here are some other examples but they are at the same OID aside from 
the presumed peer identifier (it is not the peer router ID, I can say that much 
for certain - for example none of the routers below are from 174 but the one 
above actually is):

From what I've read, that [32.1.5.80] is the dotted-quad version of the
first 32-bits of the 128-bit peer IP...and the kicker is that if you have multiple peers in the same /32, the stats for all of them get merged together. Are you peering with Cogent or a cogent customer in 2001:550::/32 (if I did the math correctly)?

The odd thing is, that's more or less the same OID I use for v4 peer info, but on 12.2(33)SXI, all it shows me is the ipv4 peers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
 Senior Network Engineer     |  therefore you are
 Atlantic Net                |
_________ http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key_________
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to