On 20.01.2012, at 21:14, Phil Mayers <[email protected]> wrote:
> Alessandra Forti <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> I got some money to upgrade my network infrastructure from 1Gbps to >> 10Gbps. >> >> At the moment I have a cat6509E with a Sup720. This system has been >> working fine for 6 years. The upgrade will have to last a similar >> number >> of years and our main requirement is throughput with minimal routing if >> How far do you plan to expand in the next 6 years? I would use 6708s to connect DC rack switches for 16 racks you will want 32 ports due to port channel to each rack. I would consider buying a second 6509 sup 720 10g for failover purposes / alternatively VSS. > The 6[78]16 cards are only 40g. Each 4 port group has 10g. We have some, and > frankly they're a bit awkward because of this. > > I would seriously look into the 6908 cards if you want the throughput. Agreed - Don't all the cards need to be replaced though if you want to run 80g full duplex to every card? Andrew _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
