On Mon, 2012-07-30 at 21:24 -0700, Mike wrote: > I've googled and fiddled around and am unable to figure out simple > link aggregation. I have a 3650 on one side, a 2970 on the other, and
3650? Or do you actually mean 3560, a switch? I'm assuming the latter. > two 100mbps links that I want to set up aggregation with to provide a > (virtual) 200mbps pipe between them. Yes I understand the load sharing > options and in this case I want to try round-robin. Cisco's hardware forwarding platforms only support deterministic hashed load sharing. What link member a specific packet uses is determined from L2, L3 or L4 information or a combination of these. The 3560 and 2970 platforms support using L2 and/or L3 information: Switch(config)#port-channel load-balance ? dst-ip Dst IP Addr dst-mac Dst Mac Addr src-dst-ip Src XOR Dst IP Addr src-dst-mac Src XOR Dst Mac Addr src-ip Src IP Addr src-mac Src Mac Addr Switch(config)# This deterministic load sharing is much better than (per packet) round robin, since it lets you avoid out-of-order packets. All packets to/from the same source/destination uses the same link members and are thus subjected to that same latencies et cetera. > I don't seem to see an easy/gentle how to do this and was hoping > someone could tell me? This document describes etherchannels on Catalyst switches and is worth a read: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094714.shtml Configuring them is rather simple. Here's an example of an active LACP port-channel trunk: ! *** Switch *** default interface range FastEthernet0/1 - 2 interface range FastEthernet0/1 - 2 switchport channel-group 1 mode active ! interface Portchannel1 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport mode trunk switchport trunk allowed vlan 10-20 exit ! Configuration for both CatOS and IOS can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094470.shtml -- Peter _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
