Maybe this is stating the obvious, but when I've used ip-src-dst type hashing I've gotten the granularity I've desired. This is with cisco devices, so sorry I can't speak to what juniper allows.
Aaron -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Joseph Jackson Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 4:35 PM To: Andrew Miehs Cc: Cisco-nsp Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Cisco to Juniper LAG/LACP - Juniper not sending traffic over both links. Just got word from the provider. They are using the default hashing algorithm which is based on mac address. On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Andrew Miehs <[email protected]> wrote: > Which hashing algorithm are the using? One based on MAC address will do exactly as you are describing. > > Andrew > > Sent from a mobile device > > On 07/09/2012, at 6:58, Joseph Jackson <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Hey networkers, >> >> I have 3 sites connected to a service providers MPLS network. Two of >> those sites (Dallas and LA) are configured as etherchannel/LACP ports >> with 2 1gig uplinks in them. On our end we have Catalyst 6506-E >> switches the provider side is Juniper gear (I don't have model info). >> The issue I am seeing is that on our side we are sending traffic out >> of both interfaces and appear to be load balancing correctly. The >> provider (juniper) side is only sending traffic inbound to us over 1 >> of the links and not using the full etherchannel to load balance in >> coming bandwidth. On the LA end the juniper routers are seeing two >> mac addresses learned on that etherchannel - one mac is the SVI and >> one mac is one of the member ports. The Dallas side is only seeing >> one mac address. The service provider is telling me that their >> hardware is working correctly and that the hashing algorithm on the >> juniper boxes is deciding that only one link should receive traffic. >> Anyone else see this issue or can provide any tips. >> >> Thanks! >> >> Joseph >> _______________________________________________ >> cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp >> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
