I believe amazon ran into this not too long ago. At 768k you are effectively limiting your IPv6 table to 128k (you can't really go more than that if you expect to use IPv6). I recommend a 640k/192k split.
As for an article: http://www.ipv4depletion.com/?p=672 LR Mack McBride Network Architect -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mikael Abrahamsson Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:52 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Next step-up from 7206VXR On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, Jon Lewis wrote: > Some will tune (or already have tuned) the split to buy another year > or so, others will do so only after some head scratching when their > 6500s fall over. I believe the -XL version will last longer than 1-2 years. Getting number of IPv4 DFZ routes into the 700-800k on that platform is doable (especially if it's mostly just used as L3 device and nothing else). Otoh getting the word out that people need to tune their routers is an interesting problem, how do we do that best? I concur that a lot of people are going to run into problems during 2013 when we're most likely to go over the default split. What is the error message when this happens, perhaps an article could be created that is easily found using the most common search engines? -- Mikael Abrahamsson email: [email protected] _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
