>From the Cisco's perspective it all looks fine. Vlan3 exists, SW2 is the STP 
>root, all ports are in an STP forwarding state, and Gi0/1 and Gi0/2 are in 
>dot1q trunk status now.

Where is the default gateway IP on vlan3 you're trying to ping? Off the HP 
switch, or as an SVI off the Cisco switch? Everything in Cisco-land looks fine 
(but I can't tell you if the config you have pasted here is good, since I don't 
know that gear)

Ken Matlock
Network Engineer
303-467-4671
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

[Description: cid:[email protected]]

From: Kevin Berry [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:46 PM
To: Matlock, Kenneth L
Cc: Peter Rathlev; Andrew Miehs; cisco-nsp
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] FW: Cisco blade switch config

ok, hopefully this answers some things.
I have logged a few commands. I have a show of the etherchannel, po1. I have a 
show of STP, of vlans, and also a show of switchport. I only did that for gi 
0/1 (have a blade there) and of an uplink port gi 0/20 and of the port channel 
po1. LEt me know what you guys think......I'm running out of time!  Thanks so 
much for all your help!

Attached is Cisco commands showing alot.


Also, here is the switch on the other end showing vlans

vlan 1
   name "DEFAULT_VLAN"
   untagged 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17-20,23-36,39-48,Trk1-Trk2
   ip address 10.10.0.13 255.255.0.0
   no untagged 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16
   ip igmp
   exit
vlan 2
   name "192_DMZ"
   untagged 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16
   tagged Trk1-Trk2
   exit
vlan 3
   name "VLAN3"
   tagged Trk1-Trk2
   exit
vlan 100
   name "VLAN100"
   tagged Trk1-Trk2
   exit
On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Matlock, Kenneth L 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
1) Is VLAN3 in STP forwarding state on Gi0/1, Gi0/2, and wherever the root port 
is?
2) Is VLAN3 defined on the device on the other end of Portchannel1?


Ken Matlock
Network Engineer
303-467-4671<tel:303-467-4671>
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>




-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Berry 
[mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:41 AM
To: 'Peter Rathlev'; Andrew Miehs; Matlock, Kenneth L
Cc: 'cisco-nsp'
Subject: RE: [c-nsp] FW: Cisco blade switch config

Corrected this. Now gi 0/1 - 3 show up/up.  My uplinks, gi  0/20 & 0/22 are 
also up/up.

I can now ping the root switch from this switch on VLAN 1  (10.10.0.x) and VLAN 
2 (192.168.1.x), but NOT VLAN 3 (172.18.132.x). This occurs over an 
etherchannel link that includes these 3 vlans.

This is the case for both of my Cisco switches in this enclosure (redundant) 
talking back to my HP root. Checked the HP. The trunks are tagged for all of 
those vlans. From the HP, I can ping out to servers on all of those vlans 
without a hitch.




-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Rathlev [mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:59 PM
To: Kevin Berry
Cc: cisco-nsp
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] FW: Cisco blade switch config

On Thu, 2013-02-21 at 09:25 -0500, Kevin Berry wrote:
> Now, the show inter trunk:
...
> WHY is it that gi 0/1 & gi 0/2 are not here?  I have hosts in those
> slots, powered on, and need to be on VLANs 1,2,3, 100.

Maybe they're down. The "operational mode" of "show interface Gi0/{1,2} 
switchport" should tell you what the port is like.

--
Peter



<<inline: image001.jpg>>

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to