On Thu, 23 May 2013, Jared Mauch wrote:

So everyone waits and nobody reports a bug for the first 6 months?

Obviously not.

I summarily reject your irrational fears of "new" software. Software is imperfect in all cases.

It seems more imperfect shortly after release than after a while.

I have specific defects that are keeping me from 4.3.1, these also exist in 4.2.3. Are you hitting the same bugs? I don't know.

Me neither. I get very upset when they say that they won't fix things in 4.2.3 (which is supposedly a long-term support release) and they usually fix it. I take for granted that I'm not the only upset one.

But rejecting something with loads of bug fixes and architecture changes to fix the whole every smu is a reload one because of a calendar without defects is irrational and illogical.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say here.

Anyhow, I apply the same logic here as I do in IOS-land. You start to get on 12.0(32)SYx when X is above 3 or 4. Same with SRE for 7600, SRE4-5 or so started to be ok.

Cisco is not alone in this, I'd say most vendors have similar problems.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to