Ok my math is off and got curious... It would be 6 gig ports. From Wikipedia..
RJ21 connectors are used to connect Ethernet ports in bulk from a switch with RJ21 ports to a CAT-5 rated patch panel, or between two patch panels. A cable with an RJ21 connector on one end can support 6 fully wired 8P8Cconnectors or Ethernet ports on a patch panel with 1 spare pair. Alternatively, only the necessary pairs for 10/100 Ethernet can be wired allowing 12 Ethernet ports with a single spare pair. --- °(((=((===°°°(((================================================ On Jul 8, 2013, at 9:14 AM, Chris Marget <[email protected]> wrote: > I've often lamented that Cisco no longer ships blades with RJ21 > connectors. I worked in a couple of shops where tens of thousands of > user ports used this type of line card, and there were no cable > management problems at the face of the switch. > > I don't see any technical reason to have abandoned this connector. > Maybe it didn't sell? > > /chris > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
