ops, my bad. TCAM seems used for routing in ASR1k too:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11425186/ask-expert-introduction-cisco-asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers - Roberto On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Roberto Alcântara <[email protected]> wrote: > tcam on asr1k is used just to filters/policies not to routing table, am I > right? > > - Roberto > > > On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Lukas Tribus <[email protected]> wrote: >>> Hello all >>> >>> I’ve been googling during a long time trying to find the maximum route >>> table size of the Cisco ISR-4451-X but I can’t find it. >>> >>> I would need a BGP full routing table and many internal routes (probably >>> more than 2.000). Bandwidth is not a problem, the estimation is about 500 >>> Mbits/s. througput. >>> >>> Does someone knows these values? >> >> Its a software router (similar to ASR1k), you don't have a real TCAM. Make >> sure >> you have at least 8GB RAM and you should be good. >> >> >> Lukas >> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp >> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
