All,

        We're deploying ASRs now, our first bunch were 1002 last year, and
many more 1002X this year.  I've been looking at ESP utilization, since our
first few were ordered incorrectly with ESP5.  The command "show platform
hardware qfp active datapath utilization" mentioned here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/nsp/169123   seems to indicated
the last line will give you your utilization of the ESP.  I took that as
meaning the % of BW against your ESP limit such as 5 gigabit in this case.
Our two I'm looking at (both running 3.7.4) look like this (bottom 3 lines):

Total (pps)                              344698      357155      334210
340850
(bps)                               2266105832  2329040800  2187654192
2239088888
Processing: Load (pct)           4                   5                     4
4

The % listed is 4 or 5, yet the bps total seems to be about 2.2 gigabit, or
approaching half  of what the ESP5 should be able of doing.  Should I just
use the bps line and ignore the processing load line?  I'm not sure what
it's indicating a percentage of.  The total bps line matches up pretty well
with the 5 minute input count of all interfaces.

Thanks,

Chuck



_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to