From: cisco-nsp [mailto:cisco-nsp-boun...@puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Phil
Mayers
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2015 6:36 AM
To: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Non Cisco SFP

On 02/02/2015 12:02, Warren Jackson wrote:
> Highly recommend you do not use this in production.

Disagree, strongly.

Vendor transceivers are racket, a scam, hugely inflated and price, and the
practice of transceiver locking is enormously anti-competitive, not to mention
operationally tedious.

I recommend people buy transceivers from good 3rd party vendors, and tell the
equipment vendors to take a hike with their "vendor" parts.