This is exactly the opposite of my experience. The Cisco branded
optics are generally the problem supporting dom properly, or have
interoperability issues in their own gear, while the generics + a
programmer are generally more reliable, far cheaper, and far more
usable across the different platforms due to the Cisco attempts at DRM
for a standardized interface.

-Blake