I'm curious what folks do in the situation where you have redundant links to your customers. I'm speaking primarily in co-lo environments where you offer redundant Internet connectivity to co-lo customers. So for example, you give a customer 2 ethernet handoffs from two separate Layer 2 switches. Now what do you do if the customer wants to go to a routed model using both links. I could allocate /30s for both links, but then I have the issue of how to reliably route their block to them w/out running a routing protocol that will detect if one of the links goes down. That's where I came to static routes with IP SLA but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something easier.

Thanks!