On 22/Oct/15 07:04, Victor Sudakov wrote:

>
> It's just my old school misgivings about the dependency hell. Am I
> getting old-fashioned? If you already run Gnome or something like this
> on your Unix servers, then you of course don't care if a score of
> extra packages are automatically installed for you (which is the case
> with my FreeBSD desktop, but still not with the servers).

I'm old and lazy - there was a time when installing everything by hand
(including the Linux and FreeBSD kernels) was all good fun.

Now, unless it's life and death, I can't be asked :-). That's why I love
FreeBSD.

But anyway, this is why we have so much choice in our industry. If you
prefer to keep it lean, then there is definitely a solution for you. I'm
too far gone :-)...

Mark.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to