> On Dec 9, 2015, at 17:31, Lukas Tribus <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> I was thinking for worst case, perhaps a sore loser after getting
>> killed in the game decides to generate traffic with the intention
>> of creating issues
> 
> That guy will generate traffic that looks like gaming traffic ...
> 
> 
> 
>> By priority queuing game traffic
> 
> ... you will most likely have to police your PQ, therefor creating
> an artificial bottleneck making the DoS even easier.
> 
> You would have to rate-limit gaming-traffic on each access-port,
> but this is getting so complex, you would probably keep tuning
> your QoS policies 12 hours into the event (can you really predict
> game traffic *before the event takes place* and guarantee smooth
> gaming in all conditions? I don't think so).
> 
> I would invest more time into a good netflow configuration
> (and a baseball bat for the field engineer).
> 
> 
> When talking about DoS, its very easy to makes things worse with
> QoS and firewalls, thats what all I'm saying.
+1

Don’t over engineer. You have end-to-end control. If someone is DoSing just 
trace the MAC to the client port and apply baseball bat. Add on Netflow and 
port graphs if you have the time.
> 
> 
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Lukas
> 
>                                         
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to