On 9/Dec/15 17:01, Chuck Church wrote:

>   
> I was thinking for worst case, perhaps a sore loser after getting killed in 
> the game decides to generate traffic with the intention of creating issues, 
> or maybe just fires up bit torrent or other bandwidth hog type things.  
> Granted I haven't played games in a good 8 years or more, but in my 
> experience, the latency stats the game provides for you and others is 
> something gamers watch.  They'll bitch if someone next to them has a claimed 
> 1 ms advantage.  By priority queuing game traffic, no matter what else is 
> going on, the game should still fly.  Obviously you don't want to starve out 
> your management protocols with the QOS, but that is trivial overhead.

I've found QoS to look after transient issues.

If a circuit is congested all the time, QoS won't help either, as
packets do need to get lost.

When a flight is delayed, even those in First Class are delayed.

Mark.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to