Robert, yes QSFP28... http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/iosxr/ncs5000/system-setup/60x/b-ncs5000-system-setup-guide-60x/b-system-setup-ncs5500_chapter_01.html
NCS 5001 contains the following ports: 40 x 10G SFP+ Ports: --- 16 x Regular 10G SFP+ Ports --- 24 x DWDM & ZR Capable 10G SFP+ Ports 4 x 100G QSFP28 Ports Hmmm, I was wondering what the strange colors were over top of ports 0-15 (silver) and a different color over top of 16-39 (violet)... and the (4) 100's are obvious... and colored light green. I have a pic of mine if you want it I email it to you unicast. More ncs5k info... http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/routers/network-convergence-system-5000-series/products-installation-and-configuration-guides-list.html Aaron -----Original Message----- From: Robert Blayzor [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 9:02 AM To: Aaron <[email protected]> Cc: [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] NCS-5001 - sweet...got one in the lab On Feb 1, 2016, at 4:52 PM, Aaron <[email protected]> wrote: > > wow, check out the interface names at the bottom of the list, yeah the > names that start with "H" !! > > RP/0/RP0/CPU0:eng-lab-5001-1#sh ip int br Mon Feb 1 15:37:16.489 CST Been looking at these for a while and the price point seems pretty good. I’m wondering how they stack up vs a ASR9001 in terms of # of routes, general features. I know with the NCS all the native features in the ASR line are “extra”. So L2VPN, L3VPN, etc are separate license options. When it comes to the 100Gig ports, I’m assuming those are active in base? Those are QSFP28 ? -- Robert inoc.net!rblayzor XMPP: rblayzor.AT.inoc.net PGP Key: 78BEDCE1 @ pgp.mit.edu _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
