BTW, You will need to install the fpd so it will upgrade the fed upon boot or manually.
I had 'fpd auto-upgrade’ in my admin config. So it did it automatically This is what we installed after we did the pre-requs: asr9k-fpd-px-5.1.3 asr9k-k9sec-px-5.1.3 asr9k-mgbl-px-5.1.3 asr9k-mini-px-5.1.3 asr9k-px-5.1.3.CSCut52232-1.0.0 asr9k-px-5.1.3.sp7-1.0.0 asr9k-px-5.1.3.CSCur72219-1.0.0 asr9k-px-5.1.3.CSCur83427-1.0.0 -Mike -- Michael T. Voity Network Engineer University of Vermont On 3/13/16, 07:53, "cisco-nsp on behalf of Michael Voity" <[email protected] on behalf of [email protected]> wrote: >I recently did a upgrade on two ASR9k1’s from 4.2.3 to 5.1.3 > >Thou I didn’t have the space issue, Here is 1 things you can try before hand - > >‘admin install remove inactive’ > > >Befogging upgrading you may will want to install the following SMU’s > >CSCud98419 >CSCud37351 >CSCud54093 > > >And > >http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/technotes/MOP-CSS-to-Abraxas.html > > >Good luck > >-- >Michael T. Voity >Network Engineer >University of Vermont > > > > > > > >On 3/13/16, 07:28, "cisco-nsp on behalf of Ivan Walker" ><[email protected] on behalf of [email protected]> wrote: > >>Also beware of >>http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/639/fn63979.html >> >>"On October 17, 2015, the previously implemented CSS certificates used in >>classic Cisco IOS-XR will expire. >> >>*After the October 17, 2015 expiration date*, attempts to install a new >>Cisco IOS-XR image, SMU, or PIE *without the mandatory SMU installed first >>will fail*." >> >> >>On 13 March 2016 at 22:24, Tassos Chatzithomaoglou <[email protected]> >>wrote: >> >>> >>> https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/123576/asr9000xr-understanding-turboboot-and-initial-system-bring >>> >>> -- >>> Tassos >>> >>> Mohammad Khalil wrote on 13/3/16 09:34: >>> > Dears >>> > I am trying to upgrade my ASR9K router from 4.3.2 to 5.3.2 >>> > The issue am facing is the space , am running out of space >>> > My questions are: >>> > Like IOS , if I deleted the existing OS while the system is running , >>> well the system keeps functioning? >>> > What the packages do I need to install (minimum) for the system to boot >>> up successfully with no problems and then I can remove the old OS packages? >>> > >>> > Thanks >>> > >>> > BR, >>> > Mohammad >>> > >>> > >>> > _______________________________________________ >>> > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >>> > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp >>> > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ >>> > >>> >>> _______________________________________________ >>> cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp >>> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ >>> >>_______________________________________________ >>cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >>https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp >>archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ >_______________________________________________ >cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp >archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
