On 13 March 2016 at 07:34, Mohammad Khalil <[email protected]> wrote: > Dears > I am trying to upgrade my ASR9K router from 4.3.2 to 5.3.2
Why 5.3.2 and not 5.3.3? 5.3.2 is an early deployment and 5.3.3 is the extended maintenance release? > The issue am facing is the space , am running out of space > My questions are: > Like IOS , if I deleted the existing OS while the system is running , well > the system keeps functioning? Yes. > What the packages do I need to install (minimum) for the system to boot up > successfully with no problems and then I can remove the old OS packages? If you unpack "asr9k-mini-px.pie-5.x.x" from the main tar from Cisco and instal that, that will be your base. You can erase the router and install from fresh though then you wont have any space issues. You can ftp/tftp the full tar to "harddisk:/" so you just turboboot the mini VM image "asr9k-mini-px.vm-5.x.x" and install the rest from harddisk after boot (you need to fully re-store the config and license files after this). Note, IOS-XR will usually install to "disk0" so you can chuck files on o "harddisk:" at your leisure. Also look at the output from "dir disk0:" There shouldn't be any tar files in the root so check that if you are low on space, also as others have said remove unused and inactive packages. Cheers, James. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
