Hi,

I am trying to configure MPLS on an ASR1000 and have been running into issues.

I have a vrf called 'mplsbackbone' with a single interface in it, which points (strangely enough), into my mpls backbone. The loopback ip is 10.0.15.1 and the next hop router (an me3600x) is 10.0.15.2. I am running ospf between these two, they have exchanged routes, and I have ip connectivity and can ping the opposite router's loopback ip address. I can also ping any of my other mpls routers loopback addresses as well. The network is laid out like this:

10.0.15.1(asr1000) <--> 10.0.15.2(me3600) <--> 10.0.15.3(me3600)< --> 10.0.15.5(asr920)

I have a vfi configured to connect 10.0.15.1 (asr1000) and 10.0.15.5 (asr920) and it's not comming up and I don't know why. There very clearly has been some level of communication between the end points as evinced by the l2transport vc detail:

sh mpls l2transport vc detail
Local interface: VFI wisub401 vfi up
  Interworking type is Ethernet
  Destination address: 10.0.15.5, VC ID: 401, VC status: down
    Last error: MPLS dataplane reported a fault to the nexthop
    Output interface: none, imposed label stack {}
    Preferred path: not configured
    Default path: no route
    No adjacency
  Create time: 17:22:38, last status change time: 08:12:32
    Last label FSM state change time: 08:39:24
  Signaling protocol: LDP, peer 10.0.15.5:0 up
    Targeted Hello: 10.0.15.1(LDP Id) -> 10.0.15.5, LDP is UP
    Graceful restart: not configured and not enabled
    Non stop routing: not configured and not enabled
    Status TLV support (local/remote)   : enabled/supported
      LDP route watch                   : enabled
      Label/status state machine        : activating, LruRruD
      Last local dataplane   status rcvd: DOWN(pw-tx-fault)
      Last BFD dataplane     status rcvd: Not sent
      Last BFD peer monitor  status rcvd: No fault
      Last local AC  circuit status rcvd: No fault
      Last local AC  circuit status sent: DOWN(pw-rx-fault)
      Last local PW i/f circ status rcvd: No fault
      Last local LDP TLV     status sent: DOWN(pw-tx-fault)
      Last remote LDP TLV    status rcvd: No fault
      Last remote LDP ADJ    status rcvd: No fault
    MPLS VC labels: local 232, remote 229
    Group ID: local 0, remote 0
    MTU: local 2024, remote 2024
    Remote interface description:
  Sequencing: receive disabled, send disabled
  Control Word: On (configured: autosense)
  SSO Descriptor: 10.0.15.5/401, local label: 232
  Dataplane:
    SSM segment/switch IDs: 0/229887 (used), PWID: 2
  VC statistics:
    transit packet totals: receive 0, send 0
    transit byte totals:   receive 0, send 0
    transit packet drops:  receive 0, seq error 0, send 0


When I try to ping mpls, first to the next-hop router from the asr, I get this:

ping mpls ipv4 10.0.15.2 255.255.255.255
Sending 5, 72-byte MPLS Echos to Target FEC Stack TLV descriptor,
     timeout is 2 seconds, send interval is 0 msec:

Codes: '!' - success, 'Q' - request not sent, '.' - timeout,
  'L' - labeled output interface, 'B' - unlabeled output interface,
  'D' - DS Map mismatch, 'F' - no FEC mapping, 'f' - FEC mismatch,
  'M' - malformed request, 'm' - unsupported tlvs, 'N' - no label entry,
  'P' - no rx intf label prot, 'p' - premature termination of LSP,
  'R' - transit router, 'I' - unknown upstream index,
  'l' - Label switched with FEC change, 'd' - see DDMAP for return code,
  'X' - unknown return code, 'x' - return code 0

Type escape sequence to abort.
QQQQQ
Success rate is 0 percent (0/5)
 Total Time Elapsed 7 ms


When I try in the other direction, from the asr920 twords the asr1000, it seems to work:

ping mpls ipv4 10.0.15.2 255.255.255.255
Sending 5, 72-byte MPLS Echos to 10.0.15.2/32,
     timeout is 2 seconds, send interval is 0 msec:

Codes: '!' - success, 'Q' - request not sent, '.' - timeout,
  'L' - labeled output interface, 'B' - unlabeled output interface,
  'D' - DS Map mismatch, 'F' - no FEC mapping, 'f' - FEC mismatch,
  'M' - malformed request, 'm' - unsupported tlvs, 'N' - no label entry,
  'P' - no rx intf label prot, 'p' - premature termination of LSP,
  'R' - transit router, 'I' - unknown upstream index,
  'l' - Label switched with FEC change, 'd' - see DDMAP for return code,
  'X' - unknown return code, 'x' - return code 0

Type escape sequence to abort.
!!!!!
Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 2/2/2 ms
 Total Time Elapsed 19 ms


So, the question here, is what would prevent my asr1000 from being able to successfully establish an mpls session with the asr920 given that ip connectivity is working?

Mike-
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to