On Tuesday, 7 March, 2017 15:53, "Martin T" <[email protected]> said:

> While I have done very little testing, then essentially this seems to
> work. However, this counts only ingress traffic. In addition, I wonder
> does such configuration have any noticeable affect on router CPU?
> Model is Cisco 2921 and traffic is ~100Mbps.

My experience across the board for ISRG2 is that applying a service policy 
reduces your throughput by anything up to 90%.  (Yes, 90% *reduction*, i.e. 
only 10% of the original throughput).  Conversations with the BU confirm that 
this is expected behaviour, but I don't believe I've explicitly tested it with 
*only* an inbound "counting" service policy.

For IMIX traffic, I'm getting around 450Mb/s out of a 2921 with no service 
policy, 70Mb/s with an outbound QoS policy.  Those are symmetric 
bi-directional, so in Cisco-speak, a total of 900Mb/s or 140Mb/s throughput, 
split between upstream and downstream as you wish.

Regards,
Tim.



_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to