This looks like a CPU issue, not an iperf issue. I would try running separate iperf3 processes and manually binding them to a CPU/core on each host.
Example for #2: Host1: iperf3 -s -p 5000 Host1: iperf3 -s -p 5001 Host2: iperf3 -c host1 -p5000 -A0,0 Host2: iperf3 -c host1 -p5001 -A1,1 -R Since you are able to get full line-rate in one direction, I suspect you don’t need to tweak TCP window sizes or frame/packet sizes. /Ryan Ryan Harden Research and Advanced Networking Architect University of Chicago - ASN160 P: 773.834.5441 > On Aug 9, 2017, at 4:51 AM, CiscoNSP List <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hi James - Yes I tested this also....it still will not go above 50%...at > first I though it may be the carriers link, but I also tested the > bidirectional/simultaneous test, and it produced similar results (Single > direction test were fine.) Single direction tests are fine. > > > I think its a problem with IPerf, potentiallly the server nics...Or maybe > IPerf is "limited" to the bandwith of the link (1G, but can only send/receive > a "total" (50% in both directions) > > There are a few reports of issues with the bidirectional tests, but I cant > locate any "fixes".....so Id prefer to spend time looking at a more robust > (proven) testing tool. > > Cheers > > ________________________________ > From: cisco-nsp <[email protected]> on behalf of James > Bensley <[email protected]> > Sent: Wednesday, 9 August 2017 5:47 PM > To: [email protected] > Subject: Re: [c-nsp] IPerf alternative > > On 9 August 2017 at 08:39, CiscoNSP List <[email protected]> wrote: >> Thanks Ryan - They did not include bidirectional simultaneous test in V3 I >> dont think? (this is a test we definitely require, and one that is causing >> us the most issues in v2 (It appears to be somewhat broken...perhaps that is >> what they dint include it in v3 ? > > Run two copies simultaneously? That way you can also tweak the two > unidirectional streams independently. > > Cheers, > James. > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > cisco-nsp Info Page - > puck.nether.net<https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp> > puck.nether.net > To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the cisco-nsp > Archives. Using cisco-nsp: To post a message to all the list members, send ... > > > > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
signature.asc
Description: Message signed with OpenPGP
_______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
