I just realized that switch output I pasted was a 2960X - the 3560G was swapped 
out by a colleague on Tuesday night !
It was a 3650G 48TS on Monday.

The command should still work for you though

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick 
Cutting
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2017 7:29 AM
To: Bryan Holloway <[email protected]>; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Cisco 3750G backplane throughput

This message originates from outside of your organisation.

Use this command:

sh platform pm platform-block

Should be one ASIC per 24 ports, so a TS should have 1 asic for the normal 
ports and one for the SFP's.
On a my 48portTS, the SFP's are shared across the two normal ASIC's (48 copper 
ports)

I just removed my lab 3560g-24TS so I can't be 100 percent sure on the ASIC 
distribution.  I think it had 1 asic for the 24 copper and one for the sfp's.

How is your LAG traffic distribution?  You need many different flows to get 
much out of a LAG.
It is harder to get bandwidth out of the LAG than be outputted dropped by the 
ASIC, what I mean is one port in the LAG may hit line rate before the others 
are even using 50 percent of bandwidth.

*    1 52    WS-C2960X-48LPS-L         15.2(2)E6
sh platform pm platform-block
interface gid gpn lpn asic
--------------------------
Gi1/0/1   1   1   1   0   
Gi1/0/2   2   2   2   0   
Gi1/0/3   3   3   3   0   
Gi1/0/4   4   4   4   0   
Gi1/0/5   5   5   5   0   
Gi1/0/6   6   6   6   0   
Gi1/0/7   7   7   7   0   
Gi1/0/8   8   8   8   0   
Gi1/0/9   9   9   9   0   
Gi1/0/10  10  10  10  0   
Gi1/0/11  11  11  11  0   
Gi1/0/12  12  12  12  0   
Gi1/0/13  13  13  13  0   
Gi1/0/14  14  14  14  0   
Gi1/0/15  15  15  15  0   
Gi1/0/16  16  16  16  0   
Gi1/0/17  17  17  17  0   
Gi1/0/18  18  18  18  0   
Gi1/0/19  19  19  19  0   
Gi1/0/20  20  20  20  0   
Gi1/0/21  21  21  21  0   
Gi1/0/22  22  22  22  0   
Gi1/0/23  23  23  23  0   
Gi1/0/24  24  24  24  0   
Gi1/0/25  25  25  25  1   
Gi1/0/26  26  26  26  1   
Gi1/0/27  27  27  27  1   
Gi1/0/28  28  28  28  1   
Gi1/0/29  29  29  29  1   
Gi1/0/30  30  30  30  1   
Gi1/0/31  31  31  31  1   
Gi1/0/32  32  32  32  1   
Gi1/0/33  33  33  33  1   
Gi1/0/34  34  34  34  1   
Gi1/0/35  35  35  35  1   
Gi1/0/36  36  36  36  1   
Gi1/0/37  37  37  37  1   
Gi1/0/38  38  38  38  1   
Gi1/0/39  39  39  39  1   
Gi1/0/40  40  40  40  1   
Gi1/0/41  41  41  41  1   
Gi1/0/42  42  42  42  1   
Gi1/0/43  43  43  43  1   
Gi1/0/44  44  44  44  1   
Gi1/0/45  45  464 45  1   
Gi1/0/46  46  465 46  1   
Gi1/0/47  47  457 47  1   
Gi1/0/48  48  456 48  1   
Gi1/0/49  49  49  49  0   
Gi1/0/50  50  50  50  0   
Gi1/0/51  51  51  51  1   
Gi1/0/52  52  52  52  1   

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Bryan 
Holloway
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 7:55 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] Cisco 3750G backplane throughput

This message originates from outside of your organisation.

Hello community,

I'm curious if someone is in the know or can point me to a document that 
describes how the backplane is carved up on a 3750G. I.e., ports per ASIC, 
etc., if applicable. I've dug around the Cisco docs to no avail.

I'm particularly interested to know how the four-port SFP section is handled 
on, for example, a WS-C3750G-24TS. Does it have its own ASIC for all four SFP 
ports? Or is that also carved up amongst other ports? If one were to LAG all 
four SFP ports together, should one expect to be able to reach a full 4 Gbps 
(assuming no taxation from other switch ports?)

We're running into an odd issue where we're unable to achieve more than
2 Gbps of bandwidth, but I have a hard time believing this is a switch 
limitation.

Any input would be most appreciated, thanks!

                        - bryan
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected] 
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected] 
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to