So in CUCM  7.x there was not a check box for Run on all Active Nodes.  
However, I understand that was the default behavior in 7.0.

So why doesn't a upgrade to 9.1.2 put a checkmark in Run on all Active Nodes on 
the Route Lists?

My problem was the phone and the gateway were in different DP/CallManager 
Groups and the without the checkbox the Route List wasn't available across all 
subs.  Once I checked the box Run on All Active Nodes the problem was fixed.  
But why wouldn't a upgrade preserve the old behavior?  8.5 added that checkbox.

From: Wes Sisk (wsisk) [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 2:27 PM
To: Jason Aarons (AM)
Cc: cisco-voip ([email protected])
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Run on All Active Unified CM Nodes in 8.5 and higher

I'm not aware of RouteLists doing "Run on all nodes" in 7.x. Going way back in 
time they did. In 7.x the route list should have registered on the nodes in the 
associated CM group.

I suspect you are hitting one of CSCtq10477, CSCul71689, CSCum85086

Checking the box just started using DeviceManager, 
SubscriptionManager,RouteListManager on the code where the call originated vs. 
the sequence of processes that was handling it before. If you registered a 
phone to each node in the cluster one at a time I suspect you would find at 
least one node where calls would still fail.

-Wes



On Apr 16, 2014, at 12:59 PM, Jason Aarons (AM) 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

Topic: Run on All Active Unified CM Nodes in 8.5 and higher

So prior to 8.5 was the default to Run on All Active Unified CM Nodes?

I upgraded a working customer from CallManager 7.0 to 9.1.2. They have 3 subs.  
After the upgrade they couldn't make calls out a MGCP gateway.  We put a check 
in the Route List for Run on All Active Unified CM Nodes and the problem is 
fixed. They have 30+ Route lists for 30+ sites.  Each site has single PRI with 
MGCP.  Small spoke offices.

The have a single RL with a single RG pointed to a single MGCP gateway.

The upgrade has none of the Route Lists with Run on All Active Unified CM 
Nodes.  I can't think of a reason in this scenario (note we have no SIP) not to 
put the checkmark in the Route Lists for Run on All Active Unified CM Nodes.

SRND Run on all active nodes
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/session_mgmt/deploy/8_5_1/overview.html




_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip



_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to