On 10 Sep 2014, at 16:33, Jason Aarons (AM) <[email protected]> wrote:
> I also understood that Google Chat/Talk is being replaced with Hangouts, > which will not support XMPP Server to Server (only client side). So what > might work now in Chat/Talk might eventually be depreciated by Google. > Google isn’t too clear on when Chat/Talk will go away. > > I haven’t setup what your asking about yet. I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that Google had stopped federating to other XMPP domains. Yup, here you go: https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/05/google-abandons-open-standards-instant-messaging <rant> This is particularly annoying for me, managing our campus Cisco Unified Comms platform, as we’re moving to Office365 for our staff email provision, our students are already on Google and I'm running CallManager and trying to promote Jabber for IM&P. I’d love to be able to allow our staff on Jabber talk to students on Chat/Hangouts but it’s unlikely to happen. </rant> --- /-Gary Parker----------------------------------f--\ | Unified Communications Service Manager | n Loughborough University IT Services | | Tel: +441509635635 Mob: +447989172258 o | http://delphium.lboro.ac.uk/pubkey.txt | \r----------------------------------------------d-/
signature.asc
Description: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail
_______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
