Hi Ryan, let's say my phones are on a temp partition not reachable by other CSS. My UDP (user device profile) are on a valid partition shared by others ( Ie. P_Internal) but they are not logged in anywhere.
Will this confused the CUCM? Or i shall place the UDP on temp partition as well. If so, can BAT assist me in migrating from TEMP partition to actual partition (P_Internal)? Cheers, Ki Wi On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Ryan Huff <[email protected]> wrote: > I'm not, sure I completely understand your questions but I'll attempt to > answer based on my understanding. > > Yes, you can pre-config devices and users in CCM prior to migration. If > they are Cisco IP phones, you'll need the MAC address and model of the > phone at a minimum. > > If they are non Cisco IP phones, you'll need to pre configure 3rd party > sip devices (which is a different license requirement than a Cisco IP > phone). > > Place the preconfigured dial plan that isnt migrated yet (on CCM), in a > temp. partition that the already migrated phones cannot access. As you > migrate, change that partition using BAT, to the correct partition for the > portion of phones you migrated. > > Thanks, > > Ryan > > > -------- Original Message -------- > From: 秀王 <[email protected]> > Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 09:15 PM > To: [email protected] > Subject: [cisco-voip] Migration strategy > > Currently the client have avaya and cisco linked together using SIP. > > Cisco UCM cluster have users in the production environment. > > I'm are going to cutover more sites from avaya to cisco. Is it possible to > preconfigure the users, extension number (let's say 87XXX range), phones > and the user device profiles in advance? > > I'm thinking that if I preconfigure those information, the cucm will think > that those extension number (87XXX) are local and unregistered. > > Is there a way to make CUCM thinks that in order to reach 87XXX range, it > will still reach out to Avaya using the SIP trunk? Is there any setting in > the route pattern can do that? > > I thinking that CUCM will always find a more "exact" match locally instead > of through other source like translation pattern or route pattern. > >
_______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
