How have I never seen this site before???

Thanks!

Rob


From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mike 
King
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 10:25 PM
To: James Andrewartha
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Extension that hangs up on the user?

I'm showing my age here, but in the Nortel mailing list I used to be apart of, 
everyone was aware if you needed a phone to do something wacky, you needed to 
look at the sandman.

This might work for you.
http://www.sandman.com/Wizard.html#CPCGenerator



On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 9:31 PM, James Andrewartha 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
On 18/03/15 23:55, Daniel Pagan wrote:
> Definitely makes sense and what I thought you were trying to achieve. If this 
> is the case, then rejecting the call via xlate or route patterns won't do - 
> the call will be rejected instead of connecting and then being disconnected. 
> You'll more than likely receive the standard recording from your call agent 
> or provider for a non-working number.
>
> I can't think of anything native to CUCM that would answer and then 
> disconnect the call. At the end of the day, for this to happen, the call 
> would not only need to be routed to some endpoint whether its SIP, SCCP, CTI, 
> H.323, or MGCP, but also accepted by the endpoint and only then 
> disconnected... this is basically what CUC is doing for you. In other words, 
> the call would need to go somewhere :) I was thinking maybe call queueing on 
> a hunt pilot with no logged in HG members but even that won't help.
>
> Do you have UCCX? Is CUBE part of the call-flow? You can do something 
> creative here like Tim Smith mentioned (TCL script in IOS). If UCCX, simply 
> route the call to a trigger, accept it, add a delay step for two seconds, and 
> then disconnect it.

No UCCX, we have 2921s as H.323 E1 gateways, but no CUBE licensing. I've
never done TCL scripting before, so I think the easiest option is to
just bite the bullet and upgrade it via PCD from 8.6 to 10.5 and join
the rest of the now-virtualised servers.

Thanks,

--
James Andrewartha
Network & Projects Engineer
Christ Church Grammar School
Claremont, Western Australia
Ph. (08) 9442 1757
Mob. 0424 160 877
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to