Dears,

I have upgraded from CWMS 2.5 to CWMS 2.5 MR5, the upgrade went smoothly and 
was successful.

But after the upgrade I have notices a big delays when the user try to 
create/join a meeting which was the same symptoms when the server was not 
having a valid SSL certificate (we have a public CA signed certificate).
And on the server I noticed that the previously working certificate was 
assigned on the server as internal SSL certificate while for the external SSL 
certificate it shows that it doesn't have one.

In the release notes nothing was mentioned in this regard, so any ideas how we 
can get it to work normally after this upgrade ?



Best Regards
 
Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman
Senior Network Engineer - KSA



Shahd Center for Investment. Office#6
Emam Saud bin Abdulaziz Road, Olaya, Hay al-Murooj
P.O Box 17384
T +966 11 200 5778-5013
F +966 11 200 5811
M +966 50 792 0925 
bmbgroup.com

LEBANON . EGYPT . KSA . JORDAN . IRAQ

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission (and/or the attachments 
accompanying it) may contain confidential information belonging to the sender. 
The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient. If you 
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, 
copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents 
of this information is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized interception of 
this transmission is illegal under the law. If you have received this 
transmission in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail, and 
then destroy all copies of the transmission.

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ahmed 
Abd EL-Rahman
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2015 2:00 AM
To: James Buchanan
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] WebEx question

Thanks James.





Best Regards

Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman
Senior Network Engineer - BMB KSA

On Jun 12, 2015, at 7:32 PM, James Buchanan 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

Hello,

The split cert is optional. Your certs should continue working normally.

Thanks,

James

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 6:08 AM, Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Thanks James/Tim for all your valuable feedback.

One last question, regarding the Split Certificate introduced in MR5, I already 
have a certificate signed from a public CA and it's working fine (my current 
version is 2.5 base release), so after updating to MR5 with Split Certificate 
do I have to change anything regarding the certificate ? do I have to 
issue/upload it again ? or the certificate operation will continue working 
normally.





Best Regards

Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman
Senior Network Engineer - KSA



Shahd Center for Investment. Office#6
Emam Saud bin Abdulaziz Road, Olaya, Hay al-Murooj P.O Box 17384 T +966 11 200 
5778-5013 F +966 11 200 5811 M +966 50 792 0925 
bmbgroup.com<http://bmbgroup.com>

LEBANON . EGYPT . KSA . JORDAN . IRAQ

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission (and/or the attachments 
accompanying it) may contain confidential information belonging to the sender. 
The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient. If you 
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, 
copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents 
of this information is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized interception of 
this transmission is illegal under the law. If you have received this 
transmission in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail, and 
then destroy all copies of the transmission.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Smith [mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>]
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2015 6:07 AM
To: Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman; James Buchanan
Cc: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] WebEx question

MR4 was ok for me, but it did have an issue with productivity tools updates.

The earlier versions of 2.5 have quite a lot of sev 1 and 2 bugs, check the 
release notes and you'll see the details (well some of them) But if you are not 
hitting them, then you can use your judgement as to whether it's a reason to 
upgrade.

The MR's do still seem to have a history of introducing bugs as we go along, 
again, that's a bit annoying. (again you'll see in release notes) At some 
points these are sev 1,2 bugs too.

I didn't hit a cert issue that I can see on on my MR5 in SDC, but I'm not sure 
on all the symptoms, so it still might be lurking.

If you are not hitting any issues with your current version, I'd probably be 
inclined to wait for MR6.
When you go there, you can turn on the short URL's.


Cheers,

Tim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman 
[mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>]
Sent: Friday, 12 June 2015 12:40 AM
To: James Buchanan
Cc: Tim Smith; [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] WebEx question

So as a conclusion I can go with MR5 and if I faced an issue with the mobile 
client I can open a TAC case to get the hot fix which is what happened with you 
James ? And after that hot fix was everything running smoothly with you James?

Hi Tim, did you installed the MR4 in your environment ? And is it working fine ?





Best Regards

Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman
Senior Network Engineer - BMB KSA

On Jun 11, 2015, at 5:32 PM, James Buchanan 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>>
 wrote:

Hello,

The certificate issue with the mobile app is not yet in the release notes. If 
they will reference TAC case 635173083 when you open your TAC case, they can 
see if you need the hotfix or not.

Thanks,

James

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 10:16 AM, Tim Smith 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>>
 wrote:
Just make sure to check release notes before as well!
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/Release_Notes/Release_Notes.html#reference_23E4C721B42E4B909ABE8ECA786F88BE

Cheers,

Tim.

From: James Buchanan 
[mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>]
Sent: Friday, 12 June 2015 12:08 AM
To: Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman
Cc: Tim Smith; 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] WebEx question

Open a TAC case. It is post MR5.


On 11 Jun 2015, at 7:46 AM, Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>>
 wrote:
Hi James,

So I can go directly to MR5 with the hotfix you mentioned, but how I can get 
this hotfix if it is not published on 
Cisco.com<http://Cisco.com><http://Cisco.com> ?



Best Regards

Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman
Senior Network Engineer - KSA

From: James Buchanan 
[mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>]
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 4:16 PM
To: Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman
Cc: Tim Smith; 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] WebEx question

Hello,
It would be cumulative. However, I went from MR2 to MR5, so I'm not sure about 
MR4. I would just get TAC to publish the hotfix for you with special file 
access.
Thanks,
James

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 9:10 AM, Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>>
 wrote:
Hi James,

One question here, I assume that everything mentioned to be fixed in MR4 and 
earlier should be included in MR5, am I right ? isn't it a cumulative updates 
each one has all previous fixes plus new fixes ?.

Also based on your feedback is it better to install the MR4 instead of the MR5 ?



Best Regards

Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman
Senior Network Engineer - KSA

From: James Buchanan 
[mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>]
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:53 PM
To: Tim Smith
Cc: Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman; 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] WebEx question

Hello,

MR5 will not fix the URL question. However, applied without the hot fix I 
mentioned it will break the mobile app because of a bug regarding certificates 
and how they are issued.

Thanks,
James

On 11 Jun 2015, at 4:29 AM, Tim Smith 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>>
 wrote:
Hi Ahmed,

I think the difference is the PT tools invites use plain text only I guess it's 
because you can't embed the hyperlink in there..

I have not tried the short URL feature yet, but I believe it will replace that 
long URL yes.
I don't think it will replace it with "Join the meeting" I think it will just 
replace it with a shortened URL So it should be shorter and neater but not 
exactly like the web invites.

Looks like we need to be careful of the issue James raised though.

Cheers,

Tim

From: Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman 
[mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>]
Sent: Thursday, 11 June 2015 7:01 PM
To: James Buchanan; Tim Smith
Cc: 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] WebEx question


Hi James/Tim,



Just to make sure we are on the same page, I have the major release of the CWMS 
2.5 without any MR releases installed.

Here is what I meant by my question,

This is a snapshot of the invitation received for a meeting initiated from web 
(with short hyperlink):



<image001.jpg>

And here a snapshot of the invitation received for a meeting initiated from 
outlook client (with long URL):



<image002.jpg>



So coming to your suggestions, will the MR5 fix this issue ? and will make the 
outlook invitation looks neat like the web invitation ? also, James did the MR5 
caused issues with mobile client access with you ?



Many thanks for your kind support.






Best Regards

Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman
Senior Network Engineer - KSA

-----Original Message-----
From: James Buchanan 
[mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>]
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 6:10 AM
To: Tim Smith
Cc: Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman; 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] WebEx question



If you go to MR5 you will break the mobile app. Just found out from the BU the 
other day. There is a hot fix they can publish for you.







> On 10 Jun 2015, at 8:55 PM, Tim Smith 
> <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>>
>  wrote:

>

> Hi Ahmed,

>

> Check out 2.5 MR4 if you are not on it..

>

> Short URL feature is there, you can get rid of all the long URL's

>

> Also if you are security conscious, MR5 has split certificates too.

>

> You should upgrade to MR5 anyway if you aren't already, there are a 
> couple of doozies fixed along the way :)

>

> Cheers,

>

> Tim

>

> -----Original Message-----

> From: cisco-voip 
> [mailto:[email protected]<mailto:cisco-voip-bounces@p
> uck.nether.net>] On Behalf Of Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman

> Sent: Wednesday, 10 June 2015 9:41 AM

> To: 
> [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:c
> [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>

> Subject: [cisco-voip] WebEx question

>

> Hi Gents,

>

> I have WebEx (CWMS) 2.5 and it is working fine, I have just one strange note, 
> when a user created a meeting from outlook directly the invitation email sent 
> with the complete long url for the meeting while when create a meeting from 
> the webpage the meeting invitation email is sent with "join the meeting" 
> hyperlink without the long meeting url being revealed which should be the 
> case regardless from which way the meeting has been created.

> So any ideas what could be the reason for that

>

>

>

>

>

> Best Regards

>

> Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman

> Senior Network Engineer - BMB KSA

> _______________________________________________

> cisco-voip mailing list

> [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:c
> [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>

> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

> _______________________________________________

> cisco-voip mailing list

> [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:c
> [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>

> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip



_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to