I'm currently on c3900e-universalk9-mz.SPA.153-3.M6, but can totally upgrade. Was actually planning on going to 15.4 this weekend. Jumping 3 versions kind of scares me, so maybe staging is in order.
*I do have some limited auth commands on the dial peer, if this is what you were talking about... but I don't think it applies in this scenario. I don't have any options for credentials:* CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip authenticate ? redirecting-number Use redirecting number credentials while authenticating CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip cred CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip c? call-route calltype-video conn-reuse copy-list *There is also the registration commands:* CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip registration ? passthrough SIP Registration Passthrough Options CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip registration passthrough ? dynamic SIP Registration Use dynamic Registrar Details (default) local-fallback Local Fallback - (e2e) rate-limit SIP Registration pass-through rate-limit Options reg-sync Registration Sync - send REGISTER when registrar up (p2p) registrar-index Registrar Index(s) used for registration passthrough static SIP Registration Use static Registrar Details system Use global registration passthrough CLI setting <cr> *I tried using the system passthrough setting, but it did not work.* *I need to make sure I understand what is actually happening.* *I don't think the CUBE is even looking at dial-peers for REGISTER messages. Am I correct? If so, no amount of dial peer settings is going to make any difference here... unless there is a way to create a dial-peer that will intercept REGISTER messages. I believe it is using the REALM settings in the credentials and authentication strings (that I entered into sip-ua). And sip-ua is using the global bind settings I set within voice service voip -> SIP (which are set to the inside interface).* *Please set me straight!* Thanks, Nick On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 10:37 AM, Sreekanth Narayanan (sreenara) < [email protected]> wrote: > What IOS version are you running on the CUBE? I can think of a couple of > things. > 1. In 15.6(2)T, a new feature has been introduced called multi-tenant > where you can configure separate voice class tenants. Each tenant can have > separate authentication mutually exclusive to one another and can be bound > to different interfaces. > > 2. In your current IOS, check if you are able to configure the > authentication and credential commands at the dial peer level. I am not > sure which IOS had this introduced but it is worth a try. > > > > Sreekanth > > Sent from a phone. > > > -------- Original message -------- > From: Nick Barnett <[email protected]> > Date: 5/4/16 8:03 PM (GMT+05:30) > To: Brian Meade <[email protected]> > Cc: Cisco VoIP Group <[email protected]> > Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Authenticating sip trunk to ITSP from CUBE? > > I'm binding control and media to my inside interface: > > sip > > bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0 > bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0 > > I suspect this is the issue... is there any way to make the REGISTER > messages come from the outside gi0/1 interface? > > The reason I'm binding to inside is that we have a a very fluid internal > network. I have to make and modify internal dial peers almost daily. When > I need to create a dial peer and put the bind statements on the dial peer, > it won't bind properly since there are active SIP calls on the CUBE... so I > bound it globally. My external dial peers rarely change, so I bind those > directly to gi0/1 (on the DP). > > I was under the impression that REGISTER events can take place without a > dial peer... but is there a way to, i dunno, make a dial peer for register > messages? Can I use SIP profile magic to get it working as is? > > I found this article which is pretty much exactly what I'm dealing with, > but it doesn't mention REGISTER at all... > > https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/154506 > <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__supportforums.cisco.com_blog_154506&d=CwMFAg&c=M-KQspD_LQogCbR-BWCHOaeDEPOhF8vWqHZTaiwxT3c&r=T9uVLZucbHG2NKKKzOrp-o5cpdReHj02PkJJsCVkgfwcv7S0R5lDeFJg2VRbiNih&m=UIAzGDQs8RCZld9kCbExwqpJhTgzpDVwM0k8_I7JRqU&s=jZN-R2pRsZOWN3r5is-aSivDlf9hqddUzDIoOWRWc3E&e=> > > > > > On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Brian Meade <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Do you already have the SIP bind under voice service voip? >> voice service voice >> sip >> bind all source-interface FastEthernet0 >> >> On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Nick Barnett <[email protected]> >> wrote: >> >>> I've never dealt with an authenticated SIP trunk before and I'm having >>> some issues. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. I >>> already have 2 SIP trunks from ITSP-1 that do NOT require authentication. >>> These are working fine and have been for years. >>> >>> We are adding ITSP-2 and their SIP service DOES require auth. I've >>> followed their integration guide (which left a lot to be desired) and their >>> acceptance team is telling me my auth is coming from our private class A >>> address. >>> >>> Our CUBE is in HA with an inside (10.x.x.x) and outside (public) IP >>> address. They are seeing REGISTER messages sourcing the inside VIP. >>> >>> I was looking around for an auth BIND statement or something like that, >>> but I haven't had any luck. Any pointers? >>> >>> Thanks, >>> Nick >>> >>> _______________________________________________ >>> cisco-voip mailing list >>> [email protected] >>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip >>> >>> >> >
_______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
