Thanks for everybody's ideas. Unfortunately, 15.6 is OUT because it is not on the CVP 10.0 compatibility matrix :(
I'm going to look at using multiple registrars and see if I can trick it into behaving... if that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to remove my global binding... On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 11:35 AM, Sreekanth <[email protected]> wrote: > Yes, sip-ua tells CUBE to send REGISTER messages towards a Registrar > server globally with the authentication and credential parameters. These > REGISTER messages will be bound to the interface that is bound under voice > service voip -> sip. However, in the 15.6(2)T version, the tenant > configurations under the dial-peers will instruct the CUBE to send out > REGISTER messages. > > I just checked with the router in my lab and actually, option 2 won't be > possible. It won't instruct the CUBE to send out REGISTER messages. It will > only instruct the CUBE to add authentication credentials and realm settings > when sending out the INVITE messages towards the session target configured > under the dial-peer. > > You will have to go with option 1. > *1. Create the voice class tenant for the SIP trunk to ITSP and bind it > with the right interface.* > voice class tenant 1 > registrar dns:cisco.com expires 3600 > credentials username cisco password cisco realm cisco.com > authentication username cisco123 password 7 cisco123 > sip-server dns:cisco.com > bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/2 > bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/2 > early-offer forced > > *2. Apply the voice class tenant to the dial-peer. Create specific > dial-peers towards ITSP.* > dial-peer voice X voip > voice-class sip tenant 1 > > When this is done, CUBE will send REGISTER messages as well towards this > ITSP with the traffic bound to gig0/2. > This way you can have multiple ITSP trunks on 1 CUBE. > > Sreekanth > > > > > On Wednesday 04 May 2016 09:29 PM, Nick Barnett wrote: > > I'm currently on c3900e-universalk9-mz.SPA.153-3.M6, but can totally > upgrade. Was actually planning on going to 15.4 this weekend. Jumping 3 > versions kind of scares me, so maybe staging is in order. > > *I do have some limited auth commands on the dial peer, if this is what > you were talking about... but I don't think it applies in this scenario. I > don't have any options for credentials:* > CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip authenticate ? > redirecting-number Use redirecting number credentials while > authenticating > > CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip cred > CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip c? > call-route calltype-video conn-reuse copy-list > > *There is also the registration commands:* > CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip registration ? > passthrough SIP Registration Passthrough Options > > CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip registration passthrough ? > dynamic SIP Registration Use dynamic Registrar Details (default) > local-fallback Local Fallback - (e2e) > rate-limit SIP Registration pass-through rate-limit Options > reg-sync Registration Sync - send REGISTER when registrar up > (p2p) > registrar-index Registrar Index(s) used for registration passthrough > static SIP Registration Use static Registrar Details > system Use global registration passthrough CLI setting > <cr> > > *I tried using the system passthrough setting, but it did not work.* > > *I need to make sure I understand what is actually happening.* > > *I don't think the CUBE is even looking at dial-peers for REGISTER > messages. Am I correct? If so, no amount of dial peer settings is going to > make any difference here... unless there is a way to create a dial-peer > that will intercept REGISTER messages. I believe it is using the REALM > settings in the credentials and authentication strings (that I entered into > sip-ua). And sip-ua is using the global bind settings I set within voice > service voip -> SIP (which are set to the inside interface).* > > *Please set me straight!* > > Thanks, > Nick > > On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 10:37 AM, Sreekanth Narayanan (sreenara) < > <[email protected]>[email protected]> wrote: > >> What IOS version are you running on the CUBE? I can think of a couple of >> things. >> 1. In 15.6(2)T, a new feature has been introduced called multi-tenant >> where you can configure separate voice class tenants. Each tenant can have >> separate authentication mutually exclusive to one another and can be bound >> to different interfaces. >> >> 2. In your current IOS, check if you are able to configure the >> authentication and credential commands at the dial peer level. I am not >> sure which IOS had this introduced but it is worth a try. >> >> >> >> Sreekanth >> >> Sent from a phone. >> >> >> -------- Original message -------- >> From: Nick Barnett <[email protected]> >> Date: 5/4/16 8:03 PM (GMT+05:30) >> To: Brian Meade <[email protected]> >> Cc: Cisco VoIP Group <[email protected]> >> Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Authenticating sip trunk to ITSP from CUBE? >> >> I'm binding control and media to my inside interface: >> >> sip >> >> bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0 >> bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0 >> >> I suspect this is the issue... is there any way to make the REGISTER >> messages come from the outside gi0/1 interface? >> >> The reason I'm binding to inside is that we have a a very fluid internal >> network. I have to make and modify internal dial peers almost daily. When >> I need to create a dial peer and put the bind statements on the dial peer, >> it won't bind properly since there are active SIP calls on the CUBE... so I >> bound it globally. My external dial peers rarely change, so I bind those >> directly to gi0/1 (on the DP). >> >> I was under the impression that REGISTER events can take place without a >> dial peer... but is there a way to, i dunno, make a dial peer for register >> messages? Can I use SIP profile magic to get it working as is? >> >> I found this article which is pretty much exactly what I'm dealing with, >> but it doesn't mention REGISTER at all... >> >> >> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__supportforums.cisco.com_blog_154506&d=CwMFAg&c=M-KQspD_LQogCbR-BWCHOaeDEPOhF8vWqHZTaiwxT3c&r=T9uVLZucbHG2NKKKzOrp-o5cpdReHj02PkJJsCVkgfwcv7S0R5lDeFJg2VRbiNih&m=UIAzGDQs8RCZld9kCbExwqpJhTgzpDVwM0k8_I7JRqU&s=jZN-R2pRsZOWN3r5is-aSivDlf9hqddUzDIoOWRWc3E&e=> >> https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/154506 >> >> >> >> On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Brian Meade <[email protected]> wrote: >> >>> Do you already have the SIP bind under voice service voip? >>> voice service voice >>> sip >>> bind all source-interface FastEthernet0 >>> >>> On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Nick Barnett < <[email protected]> >>> [email protected]> wrote: >>> >>>> I've never dealt with an authenticated SIP trunk before and I'm having >>>> some issues. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. I >>>> already have 2 SIP trunks from ITSP-1 that do NOT require authentication. >>>> These are working fine and have been for years. >>>> >>>> We are adding ITSP-2 and their SIP service DOES require auth. I've >>>> followed their integration guide (which left a lot to be desired) and their >>>> acceptance team is telling me my auth is coming from our private class A >>>> address. >>>> >>>> Our CUBE is in HA with an inside (10.x.x.x) and outside (public) IP >>>> address. They are seeing REGISTER messages sourcing the inside VIP. >>>> >>>> I was looking around for an auth BIND statement or something like that, >>>> but I haven't had any luck. Any pointers? >>>> >>>> Thanks, >>>> Nick >>>> >>>> _______________________________________________ >>>> cisco-voip mailing list >>>> [email protected] >>>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip >>>> >>>> >>> >> > >
_______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
