Yes, sip-ua tells CUBE to send REGISTER messages towards a Registrar server globally with the authentication and credential parameters. These REGISTER messages will be bound to the interface that is bound under voice service voip -> sip. However, in the 15.6(2)T version, the tenant configurations under the dial-peers will instruct the CUBE to send out REGISTER messages.

I just checked with the router in my lab and actually, option 2 won't be possible. It won't instruct the CUBE to send out REGISTER messages. It will only instruct the CUBE to add authentication credentials and realm settings when sending out the INVITE messages towards the session target configured under the dial-peer.

You will have to go with option 1.
*1. Create the voice class tenant for the SIP trunk to ITSP and bind it with the right interface.*
voice class tenant 1
  registrar dns:cisco.com expires 3600
  credentials username cisco password cisco realm cisco.com
  authentication username cisco123 password 7 cisco123
  sip-server dns:cisco.com
  bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/2
  bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/2
  early-offer forced

*2. Apply the voice class tenant to the dial-peer. Create specific dial-peers towards ITSP.*
dial-peer voice X voip
 voice-class sip tenant 1

When this is done, CUBE will send REGISTER messages as well towards this ITSP with the traffic bound to gig0/2.
This way you can have multiple ITSP trunks on 1 CUBE.

Sreekanth




On Wednesday 04 May 2016 09:29 PM, Nick Barnett wrote:
I'm currently on c3900e-universalk9-mz.SPA.153-3.M6, but can totally upgrade. Was actually planning on going to 15.4 this weekend. Jumping 3 versions kind of scares me, so maybe staging is in order.

*I do have some limited auth commands on the dial peer, if this is what you were talking about... but I don't think it applies in this scenario. I don't have any options for credentials:*
CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip authenticate ?
redirecting-number Use redirecting number credentials while authenticating

CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip cred
CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip c?
  call-route  calltype-video  conn-reuse  copy-list
*
*
*There is also the registration commands:*
CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip registration ?
  passthrough  SIP Registration Passthrough Options

CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip registration passthrough ?
dynamic SIP Registration Use dynamic Registrar Details (default)
  local-fallback   Local Fallback - (e2e)
  rate-limit       SIP Registration pass-through rate-limit Options
reg-sync Registration Sync - send REGISTER when registrar up (p2p)
  registrar-index  Registrar Index(s) used for registration passthrough
  static           SIP Registration Use static Registrar Details
  system           Use global registration passthrough CLI setting
  <cr>

*I tried using the system passthrough setting, but it did not work.*
*
*
*I need to make sure I understand what is actually happening.*
*
*
*I don't think the CUBE is even looking at dial-peers for REGISTER messages. Am I correct? If so, no amount of dial peer settings is going to make any difference here... unless there is a way to create a dial-peer that will intercept REGISTER messages. I believe it is using the REALM settings in the credentials and authentication strings (that I entered into sip-ua). And sip-ua is using the global bind settings I set within voice service voip -> SIP (which are set to the inside interface).*
*
*
*Please set me straight!*

Thanks,
Nick

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 10:37 AM, Sreekanth Narayanan (sreenara) <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

    What IOS version are you running on the CUBE? I can think of a
    couple of things.
    1. In 15.6(2)T, a new feature has been introduced called
    multi-tenant where you can configure separate voice class tenants.
    Each tenant can have separate authentication mutually exclusive to
    one another and can be bound to different interfaces.

    2. In your current IOS, check if you are able to configure the
    authentication and credential commands at the dial peer level. I
    am not sure which IOS had this introduced but it is worth a try.



    Sreekanth

    Sent from a phone.


    -------- Original message --------
    From: Nick Barnett <[email protected]
    <mailto:[email protected]>>
    Date: 5/4/16 8:03 PM (GMT+05:30)
    To: Brian Meade <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>
    Cc: Cisco VoIP Group <[email protected]
    <mailto:[email protected]>>
    Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Authenticating sip trunk to ITSP from CUBE?

    I'm binding control and media to my inside interface:

    sip

      bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0
      bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0

    I suspect this is the issue... is there any way to make the
    REGISTER messages come from the outside gi0/1 interface?

    The reason I'm binding to inside is that we have a a very fluid
    internal network. I have to make and modify internal dial peers
    almost daily.  When I need to create a dial peer and put the bind
    statements on the dial peer, it won't bind properly since there
    are active SIP calls on the CUBE... so I bound it globally. My
    external dial peers rarely change, so I bind those directly to
    gi0/1 (on the DP).

    I was under the impression that REGISTER events can take place
    without a dial peer... but is there a way to, i dunno, make a dial
    peer for register messages?  Can I use SIP profile magic to get it
    working as is?

    I found this article which is pretty much exactly what I'm dealing
    with, but it doesn't mention REGISTER at all...

    https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/154506
    
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__supportforums.cisco.com_blog_154506&d=CwMFAg&c=M-KQspD_LQogCbR-BWCHOaeDEPOhF8vWqHZTaiwxT3c&r=T9uVLZucbHG2NKKKzOrp-o5cpdReHj02PkJJsCVkgfwcv7S0R5lDeFJg2VRbiNih&m=UIAzGDQs8RCZld9kCbExwqpJhTgzpDVwM0k8_I7JRqU&s=jZN-R2pRsZOWN3r5is-aSivDlf9hqddUzDIoOWRWc3E&e=>



    On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Brian Meade <[email protected]
    <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

        Do you already have the SIP bind under voice service voip?
        voice service voice
         sip
          bind all source-interface FastEthernet0

        On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Nick Barnett
        <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

            I've never dealt with an authenticated SIP trunk before
            and I'm having some issues. I was wondering if anyone has
            had a similar experience. I already have 2 SIP trunks from
            ITSP-1 that do NOT require authentication. These are
            working fine and have been for years.

            We are adding ITSP-2 and their SIP service DOES require
            auth.  I've followed their integration guide (which left a
            lot to be desired) and their acceptance team is telling me
            my auth is coming from our private class A address.

            Our CUBE is in HA with an inside (10.x.x.x) and outside
            (public) IP address. They are seeing REGISTER messages
            sourcing the inside VIP.

            I was looking around for an auth BIND statement or
            something like that, but I haven't had any luck. Any pointers?

            Thanks,
            Nick

            _______________________________________________
            cisco-voip mailing list
            [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
            https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip





_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to