I've been working on an old analog paging controller this afternoon, so I've 
been trudging around in the docs for FXS/FXO commands...

I have a pretty good hunch that "no battery-reversal" should take care of your 
issue. The debug lines you shared initially indicate that the FXO port is 
hanging up because it is sensing that the answer supervision signal (reversed 
voltage) went away (that's the "normal_battery" part).

"no battery-reversal" will disable answer supervision.

-mn

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
Norton, Mike
Sent: July-04-16 3:41 PM
To: Damisch, Kevin <[email protected]>; Ryan Huff 
<[email protected]>; Wes Sisk (wsisk) <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] FXO port to Viking C-1000B door entry controller

Re-reading the thread, I noticed something...

"no supervisory disconnect signal" actually *enables* tone-based disconnect 
supervision for *any tone*. Definitely not what you want!!!

The "no" part of that command is that you are disabling power-denial disconnect 
signaling. In other words, it is a toggle between power-denial signaling or 
tone signaling.

Not sure what IOS version you're on but at some point Cisco renamed the command 
to make it more clear.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/vcr4/vcr4-cr-book/vcr-s12.html#wp1525047420

"[supervisory disconnect anytone] replaces the no supervisory disconnect signal 
command. If you enter this command, the supervisory disconnect anytone feature 
is enabled, and the message supervisory disconnect anytone is displayed when 
show commands are entered."

-mn


From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
Damisch, Kevin
Sent: June-30-16 12:06 AM
To: Ryan Huff <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>; Wes Sisk 
(wsisk) <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Cc: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] FXO port to Viking C-1000B door entry controller

Ryan - the voice port is set to impedance 600r already.

Wes - I'll try "no supervisory disconnect signal" and see what happens.

Thanks!
Kevin
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to