If the Viking is giving you its confirmation tone after you dial **, then 
clearly it is successfully receiving and interpreting the DTMF from the 
gateway. So I think your intermittent door operation is an issue with the 
Viking itself or with the door hardware.

I did kind of have suspicions about the Viking's power supply. If the Viking is 
underpowered then that could explain why the FXO was misdetecting battery 
reversal whenever the Viking "did something" (i.e. increased power draw). And 
it could also explain the present issue.

You're using separate power supplies for the Viking and for the door hardware, 
right? That is the way the Viking manual shows it's to be done. But it wouldn't 
be the first time I've seen door security installers fail to take into account 
the current capacity of a power supply.

-mn

From: Damisch, Kevin [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: July-11-16 1:27 PM
To: Damisch, Kevin <[email protected]>; Ryan Huff 
<[email protected]>; Norton, Mike <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] FXO port to Viking C-1000B door entry controller

Another update....

I went through all 10 impedance values (shut/no shut after each one) and got 
mixed results doing a few test calls on each one.  Even leaving it at 600r 
(default) will sometimes work and not work.  The call *ALWAYS* connects no 
matter what the impedance value is, , but the ** during the call intermittently 
works to unlock the door.  At first, I thought it was about every 2 to 3 
attempts.  But, then I could get 3 in a row to work, then I could go 5 attempts 
without it unlocking.  Very random.  I've tried various values for input gain 
and output attenuation in case it was either too faint or too hot for the 
Viking unit's sensitivity.  Didn't make a difference.

Thanks!
Kevin

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
Damisch, Kevin
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2016 9:14 AM
To: Ryan Huff <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>; Norton, Mike 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Cc: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] FXO port to Viking C-1000B door entry controller

Just giving an update on this one....

Adding "no battery-reversal" did keep the call connected.  I was able to press 
** and heard the 2-tone confirmation from the Viking controller.  It *was* 
unlocking the door this morning on roughly every other call attempt, but now it 
is not unlocking it anymore for some reason.  I still get the 2-tone 
confirmation after pressing **, the door is not unlocking, and the call stays 
connected until the IP phone side hangs up or I shut/no shut the FXO port.  
That part doesn't really bother me because if the IP phone user gets the call, 
they press **, then they just need to hang up their handset.  Normally, the 
Viking unit is supposed to be disconnecting it after unlocking it.  Also, I 
tried adding "supervisory disconnect anytone", but that didn't make any 
difference.  I'm going to do some more tests and check back with TAC too.

Good discussion on this thread.  Ryan - I did not read the book you mentioned.  
Instead, I picked up a copy of "Paranormal Activity in IOS-Based Devices" to 
see if that will shed some light on what's going on.

Thanks!
Kevin

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to