Super! Thanks!

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Computing and Communications Services | University of Guelph
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, 
Twitter and Facebook

[University of Guelph Cornerstone with Improve Life tagline]

From: Ryan Huff <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2018 9:33 AM
To: Lelio Fulgenzi <[email protected]>
Cc: voyp list, cisco-voip ([email protected]) 
<[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] what are the cool kids using to read CUCM logs 
nowadays?

For the money (free) and usability; yeah, I’d go with Paul’s TranslatorX. 
Especially if your troubleshooting call behaviors because of its ability to 
organize by session ID and parse out OPTIONS messages.

- Geany text editor does a good job because of its ability to highlight similar 
entities (Linux, not sure if there is a Windows port).

- Notepad++ if I’m on an island and that’s all I have.

Really though, anything that can parse the
character will work in a pinch but you’ll have to deal with the default 
chronologically logged readout. Whereas something like TranslatorX has more 
purposeful filters that allow you to follow the call’s message stack a little 
easier.

-Ryan-

On May 17, 2018, at 09:17, Lelio Fulgenzi 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

I need to do some log analysis to see why a certain group of fax machines are 
getting reorder tone when trying to dial a number. I’ve got some other 
troubleshooting steps to do first, but I have a feeling I’m going to have to 
take a look.

Is it translator X still?

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Computing and Communications Services | University of Guelph
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, 
Twitter and Facebook

<image001.png>

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to