Hi Sam,

I'm assuming (since you said Caller ID), that you are referring to "Display
(Caller ID)" and the older, "ASCII Display (Caller ID)" fields. You can bulk
update these fields by first, exporting the phones through, "Bulk
Administration > Phones > Export Phones > All Details". After selecting that
menu navigation, you'll have the familiar GUI based query tool that will allow
you to specify search limit and qualifier clauses, for the number of phones you
wish to export.

Once you have the resulting export file downloaded, I would typically use MS
Excel (or some other type of comma deliminated parser) to open the file. Once
opened, find the Display (Caller ID) field and adjust as desired for each
phone. If you wish to concatenate the the FN and LN of the user into this
field, you'll need to use some "script magic" (Python, PHP, Perl, Bash ... etc)
or good old fashioned copy/paste elbow grease to compile this info from
elsewhere in the spreadsheet; assuming such data exists for the line on another
column within the same row; phone description, line description ... etc.

All this to bring me to a closing thought, which is to verify your
understanding that this would only affect internal (onnet) Caller ID and not
what is presented to a called party over the PSTN. Caller ID (ANI) presented on
the PSTN is the job of a), your carrier to enter the correct data into the ANI
ALI database and B), the called party's carrier to perform the appropriate CNAM
dip into the ANI ALI database and ultimately present the characters to the
called party's device in the appropriate facility / contact header.

Thanks,

Ryan Huff, CCDP, CCNP
Cisco Certified Network and Design Professional