Don't forget the Alerting Name field.  This is also Caller ID, but like in
reverse.

Never having had to perform this action before, I would be curious as to
how many records are "out of sync".

Try running the following, or a similar SQL query to see who isn't lining
up correctly:

*run sql select \*
*limit 25 \*
*u.telephonenumber, u.firstname, u.lastname, dn.dnorpattern,
dn.alertingname, dn.alertingnameascii, la.display, la.displayascii,
la.label \*
*from devicenumplanmap as la \*
*left join numplan as dn on la.fknumplan = dn.pkid \*
*left join enduser as u on right(dn.dnorpattern, 12) = u.telephonenumber \*
*where \*
*(u.telephonenumber is not null and u.firstname is not null and u.lastname
is not null) and \*
*(concat(concat(u.firstname, ' '), lastname) <> dn.alertingname or
concat(concat(u.firstname, ' '), lastname) <> la.display) \*
*order by u.lastname, u.firstname *

*Legend*
Limit - Feel free to increase/decrease/remove the limit command
Offending Records - Feel free to add/remove/modify the offending record
finder.  I.e., This filter only matches the AD first + last against
alerting and display, and also it assumes your DNs are
\+1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX formatted, and your AD telephoneNumbers
are +1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX formatted, so it removes the \ on the DN for
lining up records with the right function, 12 characters in.

*The funky looking concat commands are because of two reasons: 1) the CLI
parser wont let me use pipes to concat, and 2) the concat function only can
concat two fields at once, so we have to run it twice to insert the space
between names.  Else, you might be able to pull the displayname field
instead.  In my case this is Lastname, Firstname, so concatenating the
first and last on my own was better.

The output will look something like this:

*telephonenumber firstname lastname         dnorpattern   alertingname
         alertingnameascii          display
displayascii               label*
*=============== ========= ================ =============
========================== ==========================
========================== ==========================
===========================*
*+16125551212    Anthony   Holloway         \+16125551212 Tony Holloway
          Tony Holloway              Tony Holloway              Tony
Holloway              Tony Holloway - 1212*

*Legend*
AD Fields (Once per account)
DN Fields (Once per DN)
Line Appearance Fields (Can exist multiple times for every appearance this
DN exists on)

>From there, I would bring the data into MS Excel, filter, sort, fix, etc.,
and then I would use the AXL SQL Toolkit to submit each update
individually.  Once for the DN and once for the line, per correction.  This
will automatically reset phones, just like a BAT operation would.

E.g.,

*Update the DN fields*
*update numplan set alertingname = 'Anthony Holloway', alertingnameascii =
'Anthony Holloway' where dnorpattern = '\+16125551212'*

*Update the LA fields*
*update devicenumplanmap set display = 'Anthony Holloway', displayascii =
'Anthony Holloway' where fknumplan = (select pkid from numplan where
dnorpattern = '\+16125551212')*

With any approach you take, there are going to be one-off cases you'll
likely need to manually handle, and not too mention, your environment may
have sticking points which completely prevent you from being able to use
bulk tools.  E.g., Your fields are all jacked up, your DNs don't line up
with your AD telephoneNumbers, etc.

If you think you'll have to perform this activity more than once, then I
would suggest writing a program to perform the sync operation on a
schedule.  I think Adam was just talking about doing this exact task, with
Pete's PowerShell thingy.

https://cisco-voip.markmail.org/thread/uajz3af37ptg5cyy

Good luck!