I don't think DNS SRV records support CNAME.  Even then, it would only
change where it was sent to and not the SIP headers.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 12:26 PM Lelio Fulgenzi <[email protected]> wrote:

> Yeah – I’d want this to happen all within DNS. But of course, in a
> supported fashion. I’m not interested in spending time modifying
> infrastructure at this time.
>
>
>
> I’ve done some searching, and there’s talk of RR records, but we haven’t
> found much documentation.
>
>
>
>
>
> ---
>
> *Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.* | Senior Analyst
>
> Computing and Communications Services | University of Guelph
>
> Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON |
> N1G 2W1
>
> 519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | [email protected]
>
>
>
> www.uoguelph.ca/ccs | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
>
>
>
> [image: University of Guelph Cornerstone with Improve Life tagline]
>
>
>
> *From:* Dave Goodwin <[email protected]>
> *Sent:* Friday, October 4, 2019 12:09 PM
> *To:* Lelio Fulgenzi <[email protected]>
> *Cc:* cisco-voip voyp list <[email protected]>
> *Subject:* Re: [cisco-voip] SIP Domain substitution
>
>
>
> Are you wanting this to all happen within DNS instead of happening within
> a SIP UA? As far as I understand, if DNS redirected somewhere (SRV or CNAME
> record for example) it would not change the destination URI the originator
> is trying to reach. The SIP protocol has redirection codes (such as 301 or
> 302) but whether or how you might be able to use them depends on the SIP
> UAs being used.
>
>
>
> You might also be able to use something like a SIP normalization script
> (CUCM), SIP profiles (CUBE), or maybe search pattern replacements
> (Expressway) to just translate the domain as calls flow in/out. I'm
> guessing what might be feasible without knowing more of the picture.
>
>
>
> On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 11:10 AM Lelio Fulgenzi <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>
> Does SIP allow for domain name substitution?
>
>
>
> By this I mean, instead of advertising or dialing
> [email protected] I want to use [email protected]
>
>
>
> But I don’t want to have to reorganize and reprogram anything.
>
>
>
> I just want the DNS to say, “hey, use this domain instead and try again.”
>
> *-sent from mobile device-*
>
>
>
> *Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.* | Senior Analyst
>
> Computing and Communications Services | University of Guelph
>
> Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON |
> N1G 2W1
>
> 519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 <519-824-4120;56354> | [email protected]
>
>
>
> www.uoguelph.ca/ccs | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-voip mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-voip mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
>
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to