I’ve seen some references to Cisco SIP proxy server.

Would that help?

-sent from mobile device-

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Computing and Communications Services | University of Guelph
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 
2W1<x-apple-data-detectors://1/0>
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354<tel:519-824-4120;56354> | 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, 
Twitter and Facebook

[University of Guelph Cornerstone with Improve Life tagline]

On Oct 4, 2019, at 7:46 PM, Ryan Huff 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

According to RFC 2782 (https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2782.txt), it does not, 
under the “Target Definition”; “there must be one or more address records for 
this name, the name must not be an alias”.

However, I can tell you that I have used a CNAME in the SRV target field 
before, and it appeared to work at the time. Still, depending on the 
application, doing so could potentially cause some weird issue with regards to 
PTR or something.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 4, 2019, at 19:10, Brian Meade <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> 
wrote:


I don't think DNS SRV records support CNAME.  Even then, it would only change 
where it was sent to and not the SIP headers.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 12:26 PM Lelio Fulgenzi 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Yeah – I’d want this to happen all within DNS. But of course, in a supported 
fashion. I’m not interested in spending time modifying infrastructure at this 
time.

I’ve done some searching, and there’s talk of RR records, but we haven’t found 
much documentation.


---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Computing and Communications Services | University of Guelph
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.uoguelph.ca%2Fccs&data=02%7C01%7C%7C8490bfb695e94274db6d08d7491ffa5a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637058274001777004&sdata=fJmvYYvsCfltrkYHNlnHpEd8QNGDI%2BZpiDqnHY0p5uU%3D&reserved=0>
 | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook

<image001.png>

From: Dave Goodwin <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Sent: Friday, October 4, 2019 12:09 PM
To: Lelio Fulgenzi <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Cc: cisco-voip voyp list 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] SIP Domain substitution

Are you wanting this to all happen within DNS instead of happening within a SIP 
UA? As far as I understand, if DNS redirected somewhere (SRV or CNAME record 
for example) it would not change the destination URI the originator is trying 
to reach. The SIP protocol has redirection codes (such as 301 or 302) but 
whether or how you might be able to use them depends on the SIP UAs being used.

You might also be able to use something like a SIP normalization script (CUCM), 
SIP profiles (CUBE), or maybe search pattern replacements (Expressway) to just 
translate the domain as calls flow in/out. I'm guessing what might be feasible 
without knowing more of the picture.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 11:10 AM Lelio Fulgenzi 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

Does SIP allow for domain name substitution?

By this I mean, instead of advertising or dialing 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
 I want to use [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

But I don’t want to have to reorganize and reprogram anything.

I just want the DNS to say, “hey, use this domain instead and try again.”
-sent from mobile device-

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Computing and Communications Services | University of Guelph
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354<tel:519-824-4120;56354> | 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.uoguelph.ca%2Fccs&data=02%7C01%7C%7C8490bfb695e94274db6d08d7491ffa5a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637058274001777004&sdata=fJmvYYvsCfltrkYHNlnHpEd8QNGDI%2BZpiDqnHY0p5uU%3D&reserved=0>
 | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip<https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpuck.nether.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fcisco-voip&data=02%7C01%7C%7C8490bfb695e94274db6d08d7491ffa5a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637058274001787008&sdata=IvTMp0YNTOBVGnPIDc4xqaCNTWr5%2BY0x%2FJxkhIjeiJU%3D&reserved=0>
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip<https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpuck.nether.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fcisco-voip&data=02%7C01%7C%7C8490bfb695e94274db6d08d7491ffa5a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637058274001797013&sdata=3bne7tTMlzDiPUAFMnoBdRQFhSoseMrKxybeWPasD%2BA%3D&reserved=0>
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpuck.nether.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fcisco-voip&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C8490bfb695e94274db6d08d7491ffa5a%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637058274001837045&amp;sdata=zfbMgSZMo1JkN8aVUEQ0s%2B18Hgsoa9887UvQ3z1v6rw%3D&amp;reserved=0
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to