'CCFLAGS="-O0" ./configure && make'

[root@localhost clamav-0.98.1]# clamscan/clamscan --version
ClamAV 0.98.1
[root@localhost clamav-0.98.1]# uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 #1 Thu Jun 2 22:55:56 EDT
2005 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
[root@localhost clamav-0.98.1]#

If you don't set CCFLAGS configure fails because of an optimization bug
in the compiler, which is what I am assuming you are talking about by
doesn't compile.

Being nice gets you more friends on the internet, and everyone knows
internet friends are the best kind of friends. :)