Brian Bruns wrote:

BTW, the only reason why we are putting out our own build (not to compete with
you obviously)

Obviously :) My builds are mainly for testing purposes; thus it is based on daily CVS snapshot.

is because we are trying to eventually release a 'quality
assured' version of clamav (if you could call it that), sorta like what
ActiveState does with Perl. The idea being that once things are stabilized
and we have clamav-win32 working like we want to, we are going to release
'stable' builds based on the most current version of clamav.

Great !

We do the same
thing with ircII EPIC4 For Windows and have had pretty good success.

My hope is, that eventually, we might be able to create a native version of
clamav for windows which does not require the cygwin layer, and would be able
to compete directly with Norton AV or McAffee.

That would be nice. What would be even better if you could come up with some kind of
on-access scanning mechanism. Sort of clamuko-win32.

I've got some of my internal
developers tinkering with the code right now to see if we can do it easily or
if we are out of our league.  Naturally, any changes we make will obviously be
contributed back :-)

Again, great !

Regards,

Fajar A. Nugraha

------------------------------------------------------- SF.Net is sponsored by: Speed Start Your Linux Apps Now. Build and deploy apps & Web services for Linux with a free DVD software kit from IBM. Click Now! http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1356&alloc_id=3438&op=click _______________________________________________ Clamav-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/clamav-users